Moscow Patriarchate delegation takes part in the meeting of Pope Francis of Rome with representatives of Christian Churches and world religions
On 20 March 2013, Pope Francis of Rome met with representatives of Christian Churches and world religions who arrived from many countries to attend his enthronement. Taking part in the meeting on behalf of the Russian Orthodox Church were Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations (DECR), and members of the delegation Metropolitan Anthony of Borispol, Metropolitan Platon of Feodosia and Kerch, Bishop Sergiy of Solnechnogorsk, and hieromonk Anthony (Sevryuk).
His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople greeted the Pope on behalf of the delegated from the Local Orthodox Churches. Pope Francis welcomed them and underscored the importance of inter-Christian and interreligious dialogue.
In the end of the meeting, delegated from the Russian Orthodox Church congratulated the new Pope of Rome and wished many successful years to his pontificate. Pope Francis wished God’s help to the Moscow Patriarchate delegation and expressed his particular joy over meeting with Metropolitan Platon whom he knew during his ministry in Argentina.
After the audience, Metropolitan Hilarion had a short meeting with Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, President of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, and with Enzo Bianchi, Prior of the monastic community of Bose.
- 23.03.2013 21:36Gift of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill is handed over to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
- 21.03.2013 15:37DECR chairman meets with Russia’s ambassador to Vatican
- 21.03.2013 11:02Moscow Patriarchate delegation takes part in the meeting of Pope Francis of Rome with representatives of Christian Churches and world religions
- 20.03.2013 17:59Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with Pope Francis of Rome
- 20.03.2013 13:30DECR chairman meets with His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople
- 20.03.2013 13:27Members of the Russian Orthodox Church delegation read the Great Penitential Canon at the Church of St. Catherine in Rome
- 20.03.2013 12:29DECR chairman meets with president of the Pontifical Council for the Family
- 19.03.2013 16:01Moscow Patriarchate delegation attended enthronement of Pope Francis of Rome
- 19.03.2013 08:17Delegation of Moscow Patriarchate arrives in Rome