Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Primate of the Orthodox Church in America
November 9, 2014 – Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations, who is on a visit to the USA with a blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, met with the Primate of the Orthodox Church in America, His Beatitude Tikhon, Archbishop of Washington, Metropolitan of All America and Canada, at St. Vladimir’s Seminary in New York.
They were joined in their talk by Bishop John of Naro-Fominsk, administrator of the ROC parishes in the USA, and Protopresbyter John Jillions, chancellor of the Orthodox Church in America.
They discussed problems involved in the inter-Orthodox relations and bilateral cooperation between the Russian Orthodox Church and the Orthodox Church in America.
DECR Communication Service
- 09.11.2014 20:13St. Vladimir’s Seminary in New York holds academic convocation for Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk awarded Doctor of Divinity Honoris Causa
- 09.11.2014 20:10Primacy and Synodality from an Orthodox Perspective
- 09.11.2014 18:10Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Primate of the Orthodox Church in America
- 08.11.2014 18:26Metropolitan Hilarion attends Russian-American forum of Christian leaders
- 08.11.2014 18:23Speech by Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk at the Forum of Representatives of the Russia – USA forum of Christian leaders