Primate of Orthodox Church of Jerusalem visits Laura of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius
On 26 May 2013, His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos III of the Holy City of Jerusalem and All Palestine visited the Laura of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius and the ‘Sofrino’ Artistic Production Enterprise.
The Primate of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem was accompanied by Metropolitan Kyriakos of Nazareth; Archbishop Aristarchos of Konstantina, secretary general of the Holy and Sacred Synod of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem; Archbishop Theophylactos of Jordan, Patriarchal Commissioner to Bethlehem; Archimandrite Stephanos (Dispirakis), representative of the Patriarch of the Holy City of Jerusalem and All Palestine to the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia; Archimandrite Galaktionos, hegumen of the monastery in Ramallah; and hierodeacon Athanasios (Themistokleos).
Among those accompanying Patriarch Theophilos were also Bishop Tikhon of Podolsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Finance and Economic Administration; Archimandrite Isidor (Minayev), head of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem; and DECR staff members, hieromonk Stephan (Igumnov), Rev. Mikhail Bodanov and Alexei Murashov.
At the holy gates of the Laura of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius, His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos was met by Archbishop Feognost of Sergiev Posad, abbot of the Laura, Archimandrite Paul (Krivonogov), dean of the Laura, and the brethren.
His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos and those accompanying him proceeded to the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity and venerated the holy relics of St. Sergius and shrines of St. Serapion’s Chamber. The Primate of the Church of Jerusalem prayed at the Divine Liturgy in the refectory Church of St. Sergius. In the sanctuary, he was greeted by Archbishop Yevgeny of Vereya, rector of the Moscow Theological Schools and chairman of the Education Committee of the Russian Orthodox Church.
After the Liturgy, His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos addressed all those present with a homily.
Then the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem met with Mr. Vasiliy Goncharov, mayor of Sergiev Posad.
That same day, His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos visited the ‘Sofrino’ Artistic Production Enterprise. The delegation of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem laid a wreath at the monument of Patriarch Pimen and sang ‘Eternal Memory’ to the late Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church.
His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos also visited the home Church of St Seraphim of Sarov.
- 31.05.2013 02:36Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem completes his visit to the Russian Orthodox Church
- 30.05.2013 23:03Reception in honour of Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem in St. Petersburg
- 30.05.2013 22:21Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem visits holy places in St. Petersburg
- 29.05.2013 22:01His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem completes his pilgrimage to Valaam
- 29.05.2013 06:50Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem venerates the shrines of Valamo Monastery’s Cathedral of the Holy Transfiguration
- 28.05.2013 19:09Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem arrives in Valamo
- 28.05.2013 19:00
- 28.05.2013 12:55His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos and His Holiness Patriarch Kirill arrive in St. Petersburg
- 27.05.2013 20:24President Vladimir Putin meets His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos and His Holiness Patriarch Kirill
- 27.05.2013 07:38Primate of Orthodox Church of Jerusalem visits Laura of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius
- 26.05.2013 01:03Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem visits Moscow representation of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem
- 25.05.2013 20:03His Holiness Patriarch Kirill blesses monument to Patriarch Hermogen
- 24.05.2013 20:56Prime minister Dmitry Medvedev meets with Primate of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem
- 24.05.2013 20:34Primate of Russian Orthodox Church presents His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos with Order of St Vladimir, Equal-to-the-Apostles
- 24.05.2013 19:25On the Day of Ss Cyril and Methodius, Primates of the Church of Jerusalem and the Russian Orthodox Church celebrate Divine Liturgy in the Kremlin Church of the Assumption
- 23.05.2013 15:01Primate of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem arrives in Moscow