Primate of Orthodox Church of Alexandria arrives in Moscow to continue his pilgrimage
His Beatitude Pope and Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria and All Africa, accompanied by Bishop Meletios of Naukratis and Bishop Savva of Voskresensk, first deputy chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate, continued his pilgrimage to the Russian land.
After visiting the Solovki Monastery, the Irkutsk region and Yekaterinburg, the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria arrived in Moscow on 27 August 2015.
At the Vnukovo-3 Airport he was met by Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate; Metropolitan Athanasios of Kyrene, representative of the Patriarch of Alexandria to the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia; Archpriest Nikolai Balashov, DECR vice-chairman; Archpriest Andrei Milkin, head of the Protocol Service of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia; and Archpriest Igor Yakimchuk, DECR secretary for inter-Orthodox relations.
On August 28, the Feast of the Dormition of Our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary, His Beatitude Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria and All Africa and His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia will celebrate the Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral of the Dormition in the Moscow Kremlin.
DECR Communication Service
- 29.08.2015 14:05Primate of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria completes his pilgrimage to the Russian Orthodox Church
- 28.08.2015 23:23Fraternal conversation between Patriarch Kirill and the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria
- 28.08.2015 18:47Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria and Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia celebrate Liturgy at Cathedral of Dormition in Moscow Kremlin
- 28.08.2015 02:41Primate of Orthodox Church of Alexandria arrives in Moscow to continue his pilgrimage
- 27.08.2015 20:26Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria visits Siberia and the Urals
- 21.08.2015 14:59Primate of Orthodox Church of Alexandria arrives in Russia
- 18.08.2015 12:03Patriarch Theodore of Alexandria arriving to Russia