Patriarchal condolences to acting mayor of Odessa, Mr. Oleg Bryndak, over the tragedy, occurred in that city
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia sent a message to the Acting Mayor of Odessa, in which he expressed his condolences to the relatives and friends of those who had died a terrible death in the burning House of Trade Unions. The text of the message is given below.
Mr. Oleg Bryndak
Acting Mayor of Odessa
Secretary of the Odessa City Council
Dear Oleg Borisovich,
My heart grieves over the tragedy in Odessa. As a result of the tragedy, dozens of people have died and many people have been injured.
I am praying for the repose of souls of the dead, for the recovery of the wounded, and for the re-establishment of truth and peace in this old city, known for its traditions of harmonious life of people of different faiths, beliefs, and nationalities.
I ask you to convey my heartfelt condolences to the relatives and friends of those who have died a terrible death in the burning House of Trade Unions. May this horrific tragedy, reminding us of the most terrible pages in the history of humanity, never happen again.
Those, who are guilty of killing their fellow citizens, and those, who profaned shrines in the destroyed prayer tent, must be found and incur rightful punishment. I consider it a matter of great importance.
May the Lord grant His mercy and His wise guidance to all citizens of Odessa.
Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia
- 12.05.2014 20:14Statement by Moscow Patriarchate Synodal Information Department on Ukraine’s entry ban for Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk
- 10.05.2014 18:26High Patriarchal award is presented to Metropolitan Iriney of Dnepropetrovsk at the border control point of Dnepropetrovsk airport
- 06.05.2014 13:16Message from Locum Tenens of the Metropolitan See of Kiev, Metropolitan Onufry of Chernovsty and Bukovina, on the recent events in Ukraine
- 03.05.2014 23:23St Gregory the Theologian Foundation to transfer three hundred thousand roubles to victims of clashes in Odessa
- 03.05.2014 17:02His Holiness Patriarch Kirill expresses his condolences to Metropolitan Agafangel of Odessa and Izmail over tragedy in Odessa, which claimed lives of dozens of people
- 03.05.2014 17:02Patriarchal condolences to acting mayor of Odessa, Mr. Oleg Bryndak, over the tragedy, occurred in that city
- 03.05.2014 16:40Statement of Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on a new aggravation of the civic confrontation in Ukraine
- 25.03.2014 16:09Metropolitan Hilarion: The crisis in the Ukrainian society offers the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church a unique opportunity to unite all