Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russian ambassador to South Korea
On November 4, 2013, having concluded his participation in the 10th General Assembly of the World Council of Churches, which takes place in Busan, South Korea, on his way from Busan to Seoul, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations, met with Russian Ambassador to the Republic of Korea K. V. Vnukov.
During the meeting, which was held in a warm and friendly atmosphere, they discussed a wide range of issues concerning relation between Russia and South Korea in the humanitarian field, including the organization of pastoral care for expatriates who reside or live in South Korea.
Metropolitan Hilarion shared with Mr. Vnukov his impressions of the WCC General Assembly and told him about the course of the discussion and themes under consideration. He introduced his interlocutor to the position taken by the Russian Orthodox Church on some acute problems, which were set forth in his address to the Assembly, especially the problem of legalization of same-sex “marriages” and the problem of Christianophobia and persecution against Christians in various regions of the world.
Participating in the meeting were also Hieromonk Ioann (Kopeikin), assistant to the DECR chairman, and Mr. L. Sevastyanov, director of the St. Gregory the Theologian Charity.
DECR Communication Service
- 05.11.2013 18:10A seminar on Sources of Authority in the Church held at the 10th WCC Assembly
- 04.11.2013 13:16Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russian ambassador to South Korea
- 03.11.2013 12:35Metropolitan Hilarion celebrates the Divine Liturgy in the Russian general consulate in Busan
- 01.11.2013 19:50Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk addresses General Assembly of the World Council of Churches
- 01.11.2013 14:06Metropolitan Hilarion: The Voice Of The Church Must Be Prophetic
- 31.10.2013 04:18Metropolitan Hilarion: the purpose of our participation in the assembly of the World Council of Church is to bear witness to Orthodoxy before the non-Orthodox world
- 30.10.2013 23:41Russian Orthodox Church delegation takes part in 10th Assembly of the World Council of Churches