Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Bulgarian Orthodox Church
On November 22, 2016, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with a delegation of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church who participated in the celebrations devoted to his 70th birthday, at the patriarchal residence in the St. Daniel Patriarchal Monastery.
The delegation included Metropolitan Anthony of Western and Central Europe and Metropolitan Naum of Ruse. They were accompanied by Archimandrite Feoktist (Dimitrov), representative of the Patriarch of Bulgaria to the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia.
Participating in the meeting from the Russian Orthodox Church were Metropolitan Hilarion, head of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations (DECR), Archbishop Feofilakt of Pyatigorsk and Cherkessk; Archpriest Nikolay Balashov, DECR vice-chairman; Archimandrite Philip (Vasiltsev), representative of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia to the Patriarch of Bulgaria; and Archpriest Igor Yakimchuk, DECR secretary for inter-Orthodox relations.
Welcoming the guests, Patriarch Kirill said, ‘I am very much moved by His Holiness Patriarch Neophytus’s attention to me. Please, convey him my kindest brotherly feelings and gratitude for your participation in the celebrations’.
Metropolitan Anthony thanked His Holiness for the invitation on behalf of His Holiness Patriarch Neophytus of Bulgaria.
‘The relations between the Russian and Bulgarian Churches are important not only for the past but also for the present’, he said, stressing that the Bulgarian people cherish the memory of the help given by the Russian Orthodox Church and the services rendered by the Russian Emperor Alexander II who liberated the Bulgarians from the Turkish yoke.
They discussed a number of issues concerning inter-Orthodox cooperation and the bilateral relations, including problems involved in students’ exchanges and the development of pilgrimage.
In conclusion of the meeting, the guests presented His Holiness with a copy of the golden dish from the Thracian kings’ treasure discovered in Panagyurishte, Bulgaria.
Patriarch Kirill handed over liturgical vestments for Patriarch Neophytus together with a crozier and his 8-volume Collected Works and presented Metropolitans Anthony and Naum with bishop’s croziers and copies of his books. Archimandrite Feoktist received a commemorative cross.
DECR Communication Service
Photos by Patriarchal Press Service
- 25.11.2016 10:58German edition of Patriarch Kirill’s book ‘Freedom and Responsibility’ presented in Berlin
- 23.11.2016 10:31Reception in conclusion of celebration of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill’s 70th birthday takes place at the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour
- 23.11.2016 10:18Concert to mark the 70th birthday of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill takes place at the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour
- 22.11.2016 21:02Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Bulgarian Orthodox Church
- 22.11.2016 20:45Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Romanian Orthodox Church
- 22.11.2016 20:03Primate of Russian Orthodox Church meets with Cardinal Kurt Koch
- 22.11.2016 17:33His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians
- 22.11.2016 08:01Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Greek Orthodox Church
- 22.11.2016 05:08Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Patriarchate of Antioch
- 22.11.2016 05:05His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Metropolitan Rastislav of the Czech Lands and Slovakia
- 22.11.2016 01:11Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church meets with His Beatitude Archbishop Anastasios of Tirana and All Albania
- 22.11.2016 00:32His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Beatitude Archbishop Chrysostomos of Cyprus
- 21.11.2016 21:54Primates and representatives of Local Orthodox Churches attend grand meeting dedicated to the 70th birthday of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill
- 21.11.2016 19:19His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Rus addressed the participants of the gathering in the Church Assembly Hall of the Christ the Saviour Cathedral in Moscow
- 20.11.2016 21:42Reception devoted to Patriarch Kirill’s 70th birthday at the Church of Christ the Saviour
- 20.11.2016 18:46Solemn celebration on Patriarch Kirill’s 70th birthday in Church of Christ the Savior
- 20.11.2016 18:02His Holiness Patriarch Kirill’s homily delivered at the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour after the Divine Liturgy on 22nd Sunday after Pentecost
- 20.11.2016 17:22President Putin’s congratulations to Patriarch Kirill on his 70th birthday
- 20.11.2016 17:06Message of greetings from members of Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church to His Holiness Patriarch Kirill on his 70th birthday
- 19.11.2016 23:58His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Beatitude Patriarch Theodoros of Alexandria
- 19.11.2016 20:51Meeting of Primates of Russian and Polish Orthodox Churches
- 19.11.2016 18:34His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Primate of Georgian Orthodox Church
- 19.11.2016 16:34Patriarch Kirill meets with Patriarch Irenaeus of Serbia
- 19.11.2016 15:16His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem
- 19.11.2016 12:53Patriarch Kirill meets with representative of Patriarchate of Constantinople
- 18.11.2016 18:24Primate of Russian Orthodox Church meets with Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada
- 18.11.2016 08:46Primate of the Orthodox Church in America arrives in Moscow