Patriarch Kirill leaves for Cuba
In the morning of February 11, 2016, His Holiness Kirill, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, left Moscow for a primatial visit to the Republic of Cuba, Republic of Paraguay and the Federative Republic of Brazil.
At Vnukovo Airport in Moscow, the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church was seen off by Metropolitan Varsonofy of St Petersburg and Ladoga, chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate; Metropolitan Arseny of Istra, first patriarchal vicar in Moscow; the patriarchal vicars – Bishops Feofilakt of Dmitrov, Savva of Voskresensk, Tikhon of Yegorievsk and Paramon of Bronnitsa; Archpriest Vladimir Divakov, patriarchal secretary; Moscow clergy, as well as Cuba’s Ambassador to Moscow Emilio Lozada Garcia.
In a conversation with the Cuban ambassador, Patriarch Kirill said, ‘I always visit Cuba with a special feeling because so much is linked with it in the history of our people. From my heart, I wish prosperity to your remarkable country’. In his turn, Mr. Emilio Lozada Garcia noted that His Holiness the Patriarch was always a welcome guest in Cuba and wished him a fruitful trip.
Patriarch Kirill addressed the send-off party, saying, ‘I wholeheartedly greet you, dear Eminences and Fathers! I am glad to see you before this long and difficult journey and to ask for your prayers. You know that I am heading for a distant point – Cuba, and then for other countries in the Latin America; so, spiritual and physical resources are needed for it. Seeing you and hoping for your prayers, I receive spiritual and physical strength’.
The official delegation accompanying His Holiness includes Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations (DECR); Metropolitan Anthony of Borispol and Brovary, chancellor of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church; Bishop Sergiy of Solnechnogorsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate administrative secretariat; Bishop Kallistrat of Gorno-Altaysk and Chemal; Bishop Anthony of Bogorodsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate office for institutions abroad; Archimandrite Philaret (Bulekov), DECR vice-chairman; Archpriest Andrey Milkin, head of the patriarchal protocol service; and Rev. Alexander Volkov, head of the Patriarchal press service.
Cuba will be the first country to be visited by Patriarch Kirill during his visit to the Latin America. In Havana, His Holiness will meet with the Chairman of the State Council and the Council of Ministers Raul Castro Ruz and celebrate the Divine Liturgy at the church of Our Lady of Kazan. On February 12, Patriarch Kirill will meet with Pope Francis of Rome.
DECR Communication Service
Patriarchal Press Service
- 24.02.2016 18:29Press conference on the results of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill’s visit to the countries of Latin America takes place in Moscow
- 22.02.2016 17:19Patriarch Kirill arrives in Moscow after his visit to Latin America
- 22.02.2016 09:59Interview with His Holiness Patriarch Kirill on the results of his visit to the countries of Latin America
- 22.02.2016 05:33On the last day of his visit to Latin America, the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church celebrates Liturgy at the Cathedral of Ss Peter and Paul in Sao Paulo
- 21.02.2016 02:33Patriarch Kirill prays for persecuted Christians at the Statue of Christ the Redeemer and visits the church of St Zinaida the Martyr in Rio de Janeiro
- 20.02.2016 08:36Patriarch Kirill meets with President Dilma Rousseff of Brazil and visits Orthodox church in the capital city
- 19.02.2016 17:01Patriarch Kirill flies out to the capital city of Brazil
- 18.02.2016 14:19Metropolitan Hilarion: Orthodox and Catholics must learn to act as brothers and not as competitors
- 17.02.2016 02:53His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with the President of Paraguay
- 16.02.2016 03:52Patriarch Kirill honors memory of Russian volunteers who fell in Chaco War and meets with compatriots in Asuncion
- 15.02.2016 22:50Primate of Russian Church celebrates Liturgy at the Church of Protecting Veil of the Mother of God in Asuncion
- 15.02.2016 07:46Patriarch Kirill arrives in Paraguay’s capital city
- 14.02.2016 23:07Primate of Russian Orthodox Church celebrates Liturgy at the Church of Kazan Icon of the Mother of God in Havana
- 14.02.2016 14:00Patriarch Kirill awarded the Cuban state Order of José Marti
- 14.02.2016 06:21In Havana His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Fidel Castro
- 13.02.2016 23:09Patriarch Kirill visits children’s rehabilitation center in Havana suburb
- 13.02.2016 04:07Patriarch Kirill visits Jose Marti Memorial and meets with Chairman of Cuban State Council
- 13.02.2016 02:06Meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis concluded
- 13.02.2016 00:46Joint Declaration of Pope Francis and Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia
- 12.02.2016 03:42His Holiness Patriarch Kirill arrives in Cuba
- 11.02.2016 10:39Patriarch Kirill leaves for Cuba
- 05.02.2016 14:21Press conference at DECR on Patriarch Kirill’s forthcoming visit to Latin America