DECR chairman meets with president of the Pontifical Council for the Family
On March 19, 2013, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations, who came to Italy for the enthronement of Pope Francis of Rome, paid a visit to the Rome representation of the Community of St. Egidio to meet there with the president of the Pontifical Council for the Family, Archbishop Vincenzo Paglia.
A dinner was given in honour of the high guest, during which the two hierarchs had a talk. They discussed matters of mutual concern including the modern understanding of the institution of family in Europe and the world and the need to defend traditional family values in face of the growing threat of their devaluation.
DECR Communication Service
- 23.03.2013 21:36Gift of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill is handed over to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
- 21.03.2013 15:37DECR chairman meets with Russia’s ambassador to Vatican
- 21.03.2013 11:02Moscow Patriarchate delegation takes part in the meeting of Pope Francis of Rome with representatives of Christian Churches and world religions
- 20.03.2013 17:59Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with Pope Francis of Rome
- 20.03.2013 13:30DECR chairman meets with His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople
- 20.03.2013 13:27Members of the Russian Orthodox Church delegation read the Great Penitential Canon at the Church of St. Catherine in Rome
- 20.03.2013 12:29DECR chairman meets with president of the Pontifical Council for the Family
- 19.03.2013 16:01Moscow Patriarchate delegation attended enthronement of Pope Francis of Rome
- 19.03.2013 08:17Delegation of Moscow Patriarchate arrives in Rome