Advanced courses for bishops in Kazakhstan, Central Asia and Azerbaijan
February 19, 2013 – With the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, a field course of advanced studies has been opened at the Sts Cyril and Methodius Religious and Cultural Center in Astana, Kazakhstan. It is intended for bishops in the Russian Orthodox Church’s Metropolitan Regions of Kazakhstan, Central Asia and Azerbaijan.
Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, who came for the occasion in his capacity as rector of the Sts Cyril and Methodius School for Post-Graduate Studies and chairman of the Synodal Biblical-Theological Commission, delivered a lecture on Mechanisms for Ensuring the Unity of the Church. His audience consisted of the bishops of major dioceses in the region and representatives of the local diocesan administrations.
The course has been organized by the ROC’s School for Post-Graduate and Doctoral Studies and the ROC’s Metropolitan Region in Kazakhstan. The course will last till February 24, 2013.
DECR Communication Service
- 21.02.2013 20:07Metropolitan Hilarion completes his working visit to Kazakhstan
- 21.02.2013 12:00Chairman of the Department for External Church Relations meets with the head of Agency for Religious Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- 21.02.2013 11:55Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan
- 21.02.2013 11:45Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with Kazakh Senate Speaker
- 20.02.2013 13:19Advanced courses for bishops in Kazakhstan, Central Asia and Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2013 15:18(Russian) Открылись курсы повышения квалификации для архиереев Казахстана, Средней Азии и Азербайджана
- 19.02.2013 10:50Metropolitan Hilarion begins his visit to Kazakhstan