Patriarch Kirill arrives in Baku
November 14, 2019 – His Holiness Kirill, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, has begun his visit to Azerbaijan.
At Heydar Aliyev Airport, the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church was met by Archbishop Alexander of Baku and Azerbaijan, Russian ambassador to Azerbaijan M. Bocharnikov, Azerbaijan’s ambassador to Russia Polad Bulbuloglu, and Azerbaijan’s first deputy Prime Minister Shahin Mustafayev.
The Russian Orthodox Church delegation accompanying His Holiness include Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations (DECR), Bishop Foma of Pavlov-Posad, head of the Moscow Patriarchate administrative secretariat, V. Legoida, head of the synodal department for the Church’s relations with society and mass media, Archimandrite Philaret (Bulekov), DECR vice-chairman, and Archpriest Andrey Bondarenko, head of the patriarchal protocol service.
From the airport, Patriarch Kirill proceeded to the Congress Center in downtown Baku to attend the Second Baku Summit of World Religious Leaders.
DECR Communication Service
- 14.11.2019 23:28Primate of the Russian Church attends reception in honour of the participants in 2nd Summit of World Religious Leaders in Baku
- 14.11.2019 21:14His Holiness Patriarch Kirill performs Lesser Consecration of the Cathedral of the Holy Myrrhbearing Women in Baku
- 14.11.2019 20:12His Holiness Patriarch Kirill celebrates prayer service at the site of St. Bartholomew’s martyrdom
- 14.11.2019 19:20His Holiness Patriarch Kirill visits Cathedral of the Nativity of the Most Holy Mother of God in Baku
- 14.11.2019 17:46Primate of Russian Orthodox Church meets with President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev
- 14.11.2019 16:02Patriarch Kirill takes part in opening of 2nd Summit of World Religious Leaders in Baku
- 14.11.2019 12:53Address by His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia at the opening of the 2nd Summit of World Religious Leaders in Baku
- 14.11.2019 09:45Patriarch Kirill arrives in Baku