St Gregory the Theologian Foundation to transfer three hundred thousand roubles to victims of clashes in Odessa
With the blessing of Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, the St Gregory the Theologian Charity Foundation will transfer three hundred thousand roubles to the Odessa diocese to help the families of those who died or was injured during the bloody clashes in Odessa on the 2nd of May 2014.
The developments of that day led to a tragedy, with numerous people having fallen its victims. According to the latest data, forty-six people died during the clashes and the fire in the House of Trade Unions, and at least two hundred people sought medical aid.
Odessa mourned over the dead for three days.
- 12.05.2014 20:14Statement by Moscow Patriarchate Synodal Information Department on Ukraine’s entry ban for Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk
- 10.05.2014 18:26High Patriarchal award is presented to Metropolitan Iriney of Dnepropetrovsk at the border control point of Dnepropetrovsk airport
- 06.05.2014 13:16Message from Locum Tenens of the Metropolitan See of Kiev, Metropolitan Onufry of Chernovsty and Bukovina, on the recent events in Ukraine
- 03.05.2014 23:23St Gregory the Theologian Foundation to transfer three hundred thousand roubles to victims of clashes in Odessa
- 03.05.2014 17:02His Holiness Patriarch Kirill expresses his condolences to Metropolitan Agafangel of Odessa and Izmail over tragedy in Odessa, which claimed lives of dozens of people
- 03.05.2014 17:02Patriarchal condolences to acting mayor of Odessa, Mr. Oleg Bryndak, over the tragedy, occurred in that city
- 03.05.2014 16:40Statement of Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on a new aggravation of the civic confrontation in Ukraine
- 25.03.2014 16:09Metropolitan Hilarion: The crisis in the Ukrainian society offers the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church a unique opportunity to unite all