Primates of Local Orthodox Churches celebrate the Liturgy in Minsk Old Town
The celebration of the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Russia continued in the capital of Byelorussia. On 29 July 2013, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, together with the Primates and representatives of the Local Orthodox Churches, celebrated the Divine Liturgy in the Minsk Old Town, where the first church in Minsk was founded in the 11th century.
Celebrating the Liturgy were His Beatitude Patriarch Theodore II of Alexandria and All Africa; His Beatitude Patriarch Theofilos III of the Holy City of Jerusalem and All Palestine; His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia; His Holiness Patriarch Irinej of Serbia; His Beatitude Archbishop Chrysostomos II of New Justiniana and All Cyprus; His Beatitude Metropolitan Sava of Warsaw and All Poland; His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada; as well as Metropolitan Antonio of Mexico, Venezuela, Central America and the Caribbean, head of the delegation of the Patriarchate of Antioch; Metropolitan Prokopios of Philippi, Neapolis and Thasos, head of the Secretariat for Inter-Orthodox Relations of the Holy Synod of the Greek Orthodox Church and the head of the delegation of the Greek Orthodox Church; Metropolitan John of Korça, head of the delegation of the Albanian Orthodox Church; Archbishop Rostislav of Prešov, head of the delegation of the Orthodox Church of Czech Lands and Slovakia; and members of the delegations of the Local Orthodox Churches.
Concelebrating the Divine Liturgy were Metropolitan Filaret of Minsk and Slutsk, Patriarchal Exarch for All Belarus; Metropolitan Yuvenaly of Krutitsy and Kolomna; Metropolitan Vladimir of Chișinău and All Moldova; Metropolitan Alexander of Astana and Kazakhstan, head of the metropolitan area in the Republic of Kazakhstan; Metropolitan Vikentiy of Tashkent and Uzbekistan, head of the metropolitan area in Central Asia; Metropolitan Varsonofiy of Saransk and Mordovia, chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate; Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations; hierarchs and clergymen of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Praying at the Divine Service were representatives of the Belarusian authorities, as well as tens of thousands of worshippers from all over Belarus and pilgrims from Russia, Latvia and Lithuania.
During the service, liturgical exclamations were made in Church Slavonic, Greek, Arabic, English, Georgian, and Albanian.
A thanksgiving to the Holy Prince Vladimir Equal-to-the-Apostles was said after the Liturgy.
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia delivered a homily on the occasion of the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Russia.
His Holiness and Beatitude Catholicos-Patriarch Ilia II of Georgia greeted the worshippers, saying in particular: “We cannot content ourselves with what we have achieved. We should think about the future, we should think how to preserve our spiritual and cultural values. We live in a time when everything is changing and the values can lose their significance. Our duty is to preserve our Orthodox Church and our faith. In order to preserve them, we should think about the future and about our youth… The Church needs to develop her ties with Family and School. It will help us to exert salutary influence on our youth which is beginning to understand the importance of the Church. We live in a time when our churches are full of young people and we should respond to each question they ask. May the Lord help us and grant us wisdom to guide our Churches and our people.”
- 01.08.2013 15:35His Beatitude Patriarch Theodore of Alexandria: I have given my heart to Russia
- 31.07.2013 19:34Metropolitan Filaret of Minsk and Slutsk meets with Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada
- 30.07.2013 16:36Patriarch Kirill: By celebrating the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Rus’ we close the link of times
- 29.07.2013 23:25His Holiness Patriarch Kirill and Primates of Local Orthodox Churches meet with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko
- 29.07.2013 19:24Primates of Local Orthodox Churches celebrate the Liturgy in Minsk Old Town
- 29.07.2013 18:29Patriarch Kirill’s homily after Divine Liturgy in Old City in Minsk
- 28.07.2013 19:20Homily delivered by Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia in Kiev Laura of the Caves on the commemoration day of St. Vladimir Equal-to-the-Apostles
- 28.07.2013 19:13The Day of St. Vladimir Equal-to-the-Apostles marked by Divine Liturgy celebrated by heads and hierarchs of Local Orthodox Churches at Kiev Monastery of the Caves
- 27.07.2013 22:28Ukrainian President awards Primates of Local Orthodox Churches
- 27.07.2013 16:48Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church meets for regular session at Kiev Monastery of the Caves
- 27.07.2013 16:27Thanksgiving celebrated on St. Vladimir’s Hill in Kiev
- 26.07.2013 22:52His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Orthodox Church of Czech Lands and Slovakia
- 26.07.2013 22:14His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Albanian Orthodox Church
- 26.07.2013 17:17His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Greek Orthodox Church
- 26.07.2013 16:54Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- 26.07.2013 00:49Patriarch Kirill meets with Patriarch Neophyte of Bulgaria
- 25.07.2013 23:40President Putin meets with heads and representatives of Local Orthodox Churches
- 25.07.2013 20:02Statement by Heads and Representatives of the Local Orthodox Churches Assembled for the Celebration of the 1025th Anniversary of the Baptism of Russia
- 25.07.2013 17:12Patriarch Kirill meets with the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria
- 24.07.2013 23:00His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Ecumenical Patriarchate
- 24.07.2013 17:21Primates and Hierarchs of Local Orthodox Churches celebrate Liturgy at the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour on the commemoration day of St Olga Equal-to-the-Apostles
- 24.07.2013 04:04Meeting between Primates of Russian and Georgian Orthodox Churches
- 24.07.2013 03:25Patriarch Kirill’s meeting with Archbishop Chrisostomos of Cyprus
- 24.07.2013 02:43Patriarch Kirill meets with Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem
- 23.07.2013 10:08His Holiness Patriarch Kirill greets delegation of Orthodox Church of Antioch
- 22.07.2013 23:29His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia meets with His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada
- 22.07.2013 21:48Delegation of Orthodox Church of Jerusalem arrives in Moscow
- 22.07.2013 17:43DECR chairman meets with His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada
- 22.07.2013 12:55Delegation of the Church of Antioch arrives for the celebrations of 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Russia
- 22.07.2013 12:22His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon blesses memorial plaque honouring the 220th anniversary of the Russian Orthodox Mission in America
- 21.07.2013 16:11Primate of the Orthodox Church in America arrives in Moscow