25th annual Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy begins its work in Athens
On 25 June 2018, the opening ceremony of the 25th annual Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy took place at the Byzantine & Christian Museum in Athens.
Among those in attendance were Mr. Prokopis Pavlopoulos, President of the Hellenic Republic; His Beatitude Archbishop Ieronymos of Athens and All Greece; Mr. Nikos Voutsis, Speaker of the Hellenic Parliament, Mr. Andrei Maslov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Hellenic Republic; representatives of the Local Orthodox Churches and parliamentarians from the countries participating in the Assembly. During the opening ceremony, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk read out a message of greetings from His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia.
After the meeting, the participants in the forum attended an exhibition entitled “The Resurrection of Jesus Christ.” Presented there were icons by the contemporary icon-painters from Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Romania, Cyprus, Poland and other countries.
DECR Communication Service
- 27.06.2018 15:41Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with Primate of the Orthodox Church of Greece
- 26.06.2018 19:2825th annual Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy begins its work in Athens
- 26.06.2018 11:48Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russian ambassador to Greece A. Maslov
- 26.06.2018 11:18His Holiness Patriarch Kirill greets participants and guests of the 25th annual Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy
- 26.06.2018 11:02DECR chairman meets with Greek deputy minister of foreign affairs