Primate of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem visits Yekaterinburg
On 7 December 2017, His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos III of the Holy City of Jerusalem and All Palestine celebrated the Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in Yekaterinburg. The Primate of the Church of Jerusalem arrived in the city to attend the celebrations marking the commemoration day of St. Catherine, heavenly patroness of Yekaterinburg.
Concelebrating with Patriarch Theophilos were Metropolitan Kirill of Yekaterinburg and Verkhoturye, Archbishop Aristarchos of Constantina (Church of Jerusalem), Archbishop Yustinian of Elista and Kalmykiya, Archbishop Isidoros of Hierapolis (Church of Jerusalem), Bishop Tikhon of Podolsk, Bishop Innokenty of Nizhny Tagil and Serov, Bishop Mefody of Kamensk-Uralsky and Alapayevsk, and Bishop Yevgreny of Sredneuralsk.
After the service, Metropolitan Kirill of Yekaterinburg and Verkhoturye greeted the high guests and presented the Primate of the Church of Jerusalem with a pectoral cross and a panagia.
His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos thanked all those present for praying together on the commemoration day of the Holy Great Martyr Catherine who is venerated both in the East and in the West, “in the lands of the Orthodox peoples and remote missions, in parishes and monastic abodes.”
That same day later His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos III met with Mr. Yevgeny Kuivashev, head of the region. The meeting took place at the residence of the governor of the Sverdlovsk Region.
In the evening, the Primate of the Church of Jerusalem took part in the grand meeting at the Sverdlovsk Philarmonic Hall, dedicated to the commemoration day of the heavenly patroness of the city.
On December 8, His Beatitude visited the memorial Church-on-Blood and the ‘Tsarsky’ Religious and Educational Centre.
The Primate of the Church of Jerusalem attended the annual diocesan assembly chaired by Metropolitan Kirill of Yekaterinburg and Verkhoturye. In his address to the pastors serving in the diocese of Yekaterinburg, His Beatitude Theophilos emphasized the importance of the celebrations marking the centenary of election and enthronement of the Holy Patriarch Kirill that had taken place in Moscow with the participation of the Primates and representatives of the Local Orthodox Churches.
In the evening of December 8, His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos III of Jerusalem and All Palestine completed his visit to Yekaterinburg. He was seen off at the Koltsovo Airport by Metropolitan Kirill of Yekaterinburg and Verkhoturye, clerics of the diocese, and representatives of the regional authorities.
DECR Communication Service
Based on the information from the website of the Yekaterinburg diocese
- 11.12.2017 21:03Primate of the Church of Alexandria celebrates at Novotikhvisky Convent in Yekaterinburg
- 08.12.2017 23:17Primate of Orthodox Church of Cyprus completes his visit to Moscow
- 08.12.2017 22:48Primate of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem visits Yekaterinburg
- 08.12.2017 16:45Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada completes his visit to Moscow
- 07.12.2017 19:06His Beatitude Metropolitan Rastislav of the Czech Lands and Slovakia completes his visit to Moscow
- 07.12.2017 18:52Patriarch Irinej of Serbia completes his visit to Moscow
- 07.12.2017 12:54His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Bulgarian Orthodox Church
- 07.12.2017 10:46Patriarch Theodoros II celebrates Divine Liturgy in St Alexander Nevsky monastery
- 06.12.2017 10:31Primate of the Polish Orthodox Church completes his visit to Moscow
- 05.12.2017 22:42Primates of Russian and Polish Orthodox Churches meet in Moscow
- 05.12.2017 21:14Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church meets with His Beatitude Archbishop Anastasios of Tirana and All Albania
- 05.12.2017 19:56His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Antioch
- 05.12.2017 18:55His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Beatitude Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria
- 05.12.2017 10:50Russian President Vladimir Putin had a talk with His Beatitude John X, Patriarch of Antioch
- 04.12.2017 22:58Russian President Vladimir Putin meets with Primates of Local Orthodox Churches
- 04.12.2017 18:01Reception at the Church of Christ the Saviour on the occasion of the centenary of the restoration of the Patriarchate
- 04.12.2017 16:07His Beatitude Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria and All Africa officiates at the Divine Liturgy in the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour on the centenary of enthronement of St. Tikhon the Patriarch of Moscow
- 04.12.2017 07:30Patriarch Kirill meets with Patriarch Daniel of Romania
- 02.12.2017 14:15Primate of the Romanian Orthodox Church arrives in Moscow
- 02.12.2017 00:44Primate of Albanian Orthodox Church arrives in Moscow
- 02.12.2017 00:34Primate of the Polish Orthodox Church arrives in the Russian capital
- 01.12.2017 21:56His Beatitude Archbishop Chrysostomos of Cyprus arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 21:12His Holiness Patriarch Irinej of Serbia arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 15:27Primate of the Orthodox Church of Czech Lands and Slovakia arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 14:07Primate of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 09:34Primate of the Orthodox Church in America arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 09:15His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem arrives in Moscow to take part in the celebrations marking the centenary of restoration of Patriarchate in the Russian Orthodox Church