Patriarch Kirill completes his visit to Jordan
From 25 to 27 February 2020, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia were on a visit to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
During his stay in Amman, His Holiness took part in the gathering of Primates and delegations of Local Orthodox Churches held on February 26 in Amman on the initiative of His Beatitude Theophilos III, Patriarch of Jerusalem. On that day, the participants in the gathering met with King Abdullah bin Al-Hussein of Jordan.
In the morning of February 27, the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church departed for Moscow. At the International Queen Alia Airport, His Holiness was seen off by Prince Ghazi bin Muhammed, Chief Adviser of the King for religious and humanitarian affairs, as well as hierarchs of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem, Jordanian diplomats, representatives of the Russian embassy in Jordan, and the head of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem, Archimandrite Alexander (Yelisov).
During his visit to Jordan, Patriarch Kirill was accompanied by Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations (DECR), Mr. B. Legoida, head of the synodal department for the Church’s relations with society and mass media, and Archpriest Nikolay Balashov, DECR vice-chairman.
DECR Communication Service
- 27.02.2020 16:15Patriarch Kirill completes his visit to Jordan
- 27.02.2020 01:47DIALOGUE AND UNITY
- 26.02.2020 23:45His Holiness Patriarch Kirill takes part in the meeting of Primates and delegations of Local Orthodox Churches in Amman
- 26.02.2020 08:05Metropolitan Hilarion: Absence of particular Churches from Amman will not make the meeting less significant
- 25.02.2020 22:59Patriarch Kirill arrives in Amman