Primate of Orthodox Church in America visits Donskoy Monastery in Moscow
On 9th December 2019, His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada, Primate of the Orthodox Church in America, visited the Donskoy Stavropegic Monastery in Moscow.
The delegation led by His Beatitude included Archbishop David of Sitka and Alaska; Archimandrite Andrei (Hoarşte), bishop-elect of Cleveland, auxiliary to the archbishop of the OCA Romanian Episcopate; Archpriest Alexander Rentel, chancellor of the OCA; Archpriest Daniel Andrejuk, rector of the OCA Representation in Moscow; Protodeacon Joseph Matusiak, secretary to the OCA Primate; and Protopresbyter Daniel Hubiak, first rector of the OCA Representation in Moscow.
The delegation was accompanied by Bishop Kliment of Krasnoslobodsk and Temnikov and Mr. Dmitry Petrovsky, staff member of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations.
His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon and the delegation members venerated the holy relics of St. Tikhon the Patriarch of All Russia – the heavenly patron of the OCA Primate.
Greeting His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon and those accompanying him, Bishop Foma of Bronnitsy, abbot of the monastery, said in particular: “Today we welcome you not as guests, but as our brothers who at some point in the past had left to deal with very important matters, but now have returned to the holy abode, dear to them, in order to together with us pray to and praise St. Tikhon, meet with us and regain strength to continue their labours. It is our heartfelt wish that such visits may be more frequent.”
Bishop Foma presented His Beatitude with a portrait of St. Tikhon the Patriarch of All Russia.
The OCA Primate cordially thanked the abbot and the brethren of the monastery for their hospitality and prayers and presented Bishop Foma with a holy panagia.
Earlier that day His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon and the members of the OCA delegation visited the State Tretyakov Gallery and the Church of St. Nicholas in Tolmachi where they venerated the Vladimirskaya Icon of the Mother of God.
DECR Communication Service
- 10.12.2019 08:46His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada completes his visit to Moscow
- 10.12.2019 07:36Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk presents DECR medal to the first rector of the OCA Representation in Moscow
- 09.12.2019 18:19Primate of Orthodox Church in America visits Donskoy Monastery in Moscow
- 09.12.2019 12:14Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada presides over a symposium on the life of the Orthodox Church in America
- 09.12.2019 11:29OCA Primate celebrates Divine Liturgy at Moscow Church of St. Clement the Pope of Rome
- 07.12.2019 23:41OCA Primate prays at All-Night Vigil in Moscow Church of ‘Joy of All Who Sorrow’ Icon of the Mother of God in Bolshaya Ordynka Street
- 07.12.2019 17:10Primates of Russian Orthodox Church and Orthodox Church in America celebrate Liturgy in Moscow Church of St. Catherine In-the-Fields
- 06.12.2019 20:11Primate of Russian Orthodox Church meets with His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada
- 05.12.2019 21:18Primate of Orthodox Church in America arrives in Moscow