Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines
On August 9, 2019, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations (DECR), who is in the Philippines with a blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, met with the Hon. Alan Peter Cayetano, Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines.
They discussed a wide range of issues of mutual concern. In particular, Metropolitan Hilarion informed his interlocutor about the mission of the Russian Orthodox Church in the Philippines and other countries of South-East Asia. They also exchanged opinions about interreligious dialogue and a number of other topics on international agenda.
Participating in the meeting were Metropolitan Sergiy of Singapore and South-East Asia, Patriarchal Exarch for South-East Asia; Russia’s ambassador to the Philippines I. Khovaev; Metropolitan Pavel of Khanty-Mansi and Surgut, acting administrator of the diocese of the Philippines and Vietnam of the Patriarchate Exarchate of South-East Asia; Mr. D. Karenin, second secretary of the Russian embassy in Manila, and Hieromonk Pitirim (Dondenko), secretary of the Exarchate.
After the talk, the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines gave a dinner in honour of the high guest.
In conclusion of the meeting, the sides exchanged commemorative gifts.
DECR Communication Service
- 10.08.2019 19:44Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk celebrates Divine Liturgy at the Church of Nativity of Christ in the city of Tagaytay
- 10.08.2019 09:52Metropolitan Hilarion speaks at global Christian youth forum in Manila
- 09.08.2019 19:15DECR chairman meets with Manila Archbishop Cardinal Tagle
- 09.08.2019 12:13Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines
- 09.08.2019 09:15Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with the Philippines’ minister of foreign affairs