DECR chairman completes his pilgrimage to Greece
On June 29, 2019, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Department for External Church Relations (DECR), completed his pilgrimage in the steps of St. Paul in Greece. With a blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, Metropolitan Hilarion attended the 25th annual international conference devoted to St. Paul in Veria and visited Athens, Corinth, Veria, Drama, Kavala and Thessaloniki.
Leaving the capital city of northern Greece, Metropolitan Hilarion venerated the relics of the Holy Protomartyr Demetrius of Thessaloniki lying in rest in the basilica dedicated to the saint and visited other ancient churches in the city, including those of St. Sophia, Twelve Apostles and Panagia Acheiropoietos.
Metropolitan Hilarion was accompanied on his trip by Archpriest Igor Yakimchuk, DECR secretary for inter-Orthodox relations, and Hieromonk Gregory (Sokolov), DECR secretariat for inter-Orthodox relations.
At the Airport “Makedonia” in Thessaloniki, His Eminence was seen off by the Russian Federation Consul General A. Shcherbakov.
DECR Communication Service
- 02.07.2019 07:49DECR chairman completes his pilgrimage to Greece
- 29.06.2019 22:40Metropolitan Hilarion celebrates requiem service at Zeitenlik Allied Military Cemetery in Thessaloniki
- 29.06.2019 09:47Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with Patriarch Theodoros of Alexandria and All Africa
- 28.06.2019 12:11Metropolitan Hilarion visits ancient Philippi and Neapolis
- 27.06.2019 16:25Metropolitan Hilarion attends theological conference devoted to St. Paul
- 27.06.2019 13:29Metropolitan Hilarion continues his pilgrimage to holy places in Greece
- 26.06.2019 16:07Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Primate of Greek Orthodox Church
- 26.06.2019 15:52Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russia’s ambassador in Greece
- 25.06.2019 10:23Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk begins pilgrimage to Greece