His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Bulgarian Orthodox Church
On 6 December 2017, at the Patriarchal and Synodal residence in St. Daniel’s Monastery in Moscow, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with the delegation of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.
The delegation that had arrived in Moscow to take part in the celebrations marking the centenary of the restoration of the Patriarchate in the Russian Church included Metropolitan Gabriel of Lovech, Metropolitan Anthony of Western and Central Europe, Metropolitan Naum of Ruse, Metropolitan Kyprian of Stara Zagora, Bishop Gerasim of Melnik, Archpriest Tsvetan (Ivanov), Archpriest Dimitar Dimitrov, Rev. Ventsislav Pavlov, and Deacon Nedyalko Dimitrov. They were accompanied by Archimandrite Theoktist (Dimitrov), representative of the Patriarch of Bulgaria to the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia.
Taking part in the meeting were also the following representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church: Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations; Bishop Panteleimon of Orekhovo-Zuyevo, chairman of the Synodal Department for Church Charity and Social Ministry; Archpriest Nikolai Balashov, DECR vice-chairman; Archimandrite Philip (Vasiltsev), representative of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia to the Patriarch of Bulgaria; and Archpriest Igor Yakimchuk, DECR secretary for inter-Orthodox relations.
“I would like to thank His Holiness for sending such delegation. It is a great joy to us to celebrate with you, brethren, the centenary of such important historical event as the restoration of the Patriarchate in the Russian Orthodox Church,” the Patriarch Kirill said, greeting the guests, “It is already obvious that had not this event happened, little would have been left of the Russian Church. Relying on this, we can state that the institute of the Patriarchate in the Local Orthodox Churches is very important. The Patriarch bears responsibility for the unity, for defining the Church’s diverse interests, for strengthening the church witness and enlightening the people of God.”
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill also mentioned yet another momentous date – the 140th anniversary of the liberation of Bulgaria which will be celebrated in 2018, and asked the members of the delegation to convey his gratitude to His Holiness Patriarch Neophyte for the invitation to visit the Bulgarian Church. “If the Lord gives me strength, I intend to visit the blessed Bulgarian land,” His Holiness said.
The participants in the meeting discussed various issues on the pan-Orthodox agenda.
DECR Communication Service
- 11.12.2017 21:03Primate of the Church of Alexandria celebrates at Novotikhvisky Convent in Yekaterinburg
- 08.12.2017 23:17Primate of Orthodox Church of Cyprus completes his visit to Moscow
- 08.12.2017 22:48Primate of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem visits Yekaterinburg
- 08.12.2017 16:45Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada completes his visit to Moscow
- 07.12.2017 19:06His Beatitude Metropolitan Rastislav of the Czech Lands and Slovakia completes his visit to Moscow
- 07.12.2017 18:52Patriarch Irinej of Serbia completes his visit to Moscow
- 07.12.2017 12:54His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with delegation of Bulgarian Orthodox Church
- 07.12.2017 10:46Patriarch Theodoros II celebrates Divine Liturgy in St Alexander Nevsky monastery
- 06.12.2017 10:31Primate of the Polish Orthodox Church completes his visit to Moscow
- 05.12.2017 22:42Primates of Russian and Polish Orthodox Churches meet in Moscow
- 05.12.2017 21:14Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church meets with His Beatitude Archbishop Anastasios of Tirana and All Albania
- 05.12.2017 19:56His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Antioch
- 05.12.2017 18:55His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Beatitude Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria
- 05.12.2017 10:50Russian President Vladimir Putin had a talk with His Beatitude John X, Patriarch of Antioch
- 04.12.2017 22:58Russian President Vladimir Putin meets with Primates of Local Orthodox Churches
- 04.12.2017 18:01Reception at the Church of Christ the Saviour on the occasion of the centenary of the restoration of the Patriarchate
- 04.12.2017 16:07His Beatitude Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria and All Africa officiates at the Divine Liturgy in the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour on the centenary of enthronement of St. Tikhon the Patriarch of Moscow
- 04.12.2017 07:30Patriarch Kirill meets with Patriarch Daniel of Romania
- 02.12.2017 14:15Primate of the Romanian Orthodox Church arrives in Moscow
- 02.12.2017 00:44Primate of Albanian Orthodox Church arrives in Moscow
- 02.12.2017 00:34Primate of the Polish Orthodox Church arrives in the Russian capital
- 01.12.2017 21:56His Beatitude Archbishop Chrysostomos of Cyprus arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 21:12His Holiness Patriarch Irinej of Serbia arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 15:27Primate of the Orthodox Church of Czech Lands and Slovakia arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 14:07Primate of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 09:34Primate of the Orthodox Church in America arrives in Moscow
- 01.12.2017 09:15His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem arrives in Moscow to take part in the celebrations marking the centenary of restoration of Patriarchate in the Russian Orthodox Church