Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russian ambassador to Jordan
On September 18, 2014, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations, who is in Amman, attending the plenary session of the Joint Commission for Theological Dialogue between the Orthodox and the Roman Catholic Church, met with Russian Ambassador to Jordan B. Bolotin, at the ambassador’s residence in Amman.
They discussed the religious and political situation in Jordan and the Middle East and problems involved in the service of the Russian Orthodox Church in the region.
Present at the meeting were Hegumen Feofan (Lukyanov), head of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem, Hieromonk Stephan (Igumnov), DECR secretary for inter-Christian relations, and Rev. Alexy Dikarev of the DECR secretariat for inter-Christian relations.
DECR Communication Service
- 23.09.2014 11:1013 plenary session of Orthodox-Catholic theological dialogue completes its work
- 22.09.2014 11:30Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk celebrates Liturgy at the place of Christ’s Baptism on feast day of Nativity of Most Holy Theotokos
- 19.09.2014 19:55Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Cardinal Sandri, Prefect of Congregation for the Oriental Churches
- 19.09.2014 11:01Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russian ambassador to Jordan
- 18.09.2014 01:19Joint Commission for Theological Dialogue between Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches holds official opening of its 13th plenary session
- 18.09.2014 00:45Metropolitan Hilarion: Unia remains a bleeding wound on the body of Christendom
- 18.09.2014 00:02Metropolitan Hilarion: a full-scale theological dialogue with Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Finland has now proved impossible
- 17.09.2014 21:12Interview of Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk to Interfax news agency
- 16.09.2014 15:04Metropolitan Hilarion addresses Orthodox participants in 13th session of Joint Commission for Orthodox-Catholic Dialogue