Metropolitan Hilarion meets with leaders of the Sapienza University in Rome
On 11 November 2013, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, arrived in Rome with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia.
Upon arrival, the DECR chairman visited the Sapienza University, which cooperates with over thirty universities in Russia.
An agreement on cooperation with the Ss Cyril and Methodius Theological Institute of Postgraduate Studies was signed. After the ceremony, talks about concrete forms of cooperation were discussed. Protocols will be signed in the immediate future.
Metropolitan Hilarion and his suite visited the library established by Pope Alexander VI.
That same day in the evening, a dinner was given in honour of Metropolitan Hilarion and the Russian Orthodox delegation at the Community of Sant’Egidio.
- 14.11.2013 17:12Metropolitan Hilarion takes part in the Rome presentation of Sergei Averintsev’s book
- 13.11.2013 12:03DECR chairman meets with Ambassador Avdeyev of the Russian Federation to the Holy See
- 13.11.2013 11:30Metropolitan Hilarion meets with President of the Pontifical Council for Culture
- 13.11.2013 08:22DECR chairman meets with President of the Italian Republic
- 12.11.2013 20:54Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with Pope Francis
- 12.11.2013 20:10Metropolitan Hilarion negotiates with President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
- 12.11.2013 17:03Metropolitan Hilarion meets with leaders of the Sapienza University in Rome