Serbian Orthodox Church gets archive materials about ecclesiastical life in Serbia in the period between two world wars
At the solemn assembly held in Niš, Serbia, in honour of the 1700th anniversary of the Edict of Milan, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia presented His Holiness Patriarch Irinej of Serbia with the digitized copies of the archive materials of the Holy Synod of the Serbian Orthodox Church for the period between the two world wars.
In 2012, Patriarch Irinej asked the Russian authorities to return the documents which were taken to the USSR in 1945 in unclear circumstances and deposited in the State Archive of the Russian Federation.
The Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate made a request to the Federal Archive Agency, and its head, Mr. Andrei Artizov, resolved to deliver electronic copies over to the Serbian Church.
His Holiness Patriarch Irinej expressed his cordial gratitude for delivering these valuable archive materials on the history of the Serbian Orthodox Church in the said period.
- 07.10.2013 20:17Serbian Orthodox Church gets archive materials about ecclesiastical life in Serbia in the period between two world wars
- 07.10.2013 10:45His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople
- 07.10.2013 01:06His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Mr. Milo Dukanović, Prime Minister of Montenegro
- 06.10.2013 22:04Primates of Local Orthodox Churches celebrate Divine liturgy in the birthtown of St Constantine the Great
- 05.10.2013 22:52His Holiness Patriarch Kirill takes part in the meeting of Primates and representatives of the Local Orthodox Church with the Serbian President Tomislav Nikolić
- 04.10.2013 21:49His Holiness Patriarch Kirill visits the Serbian Orthodox Church