His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Mr. Milo Dukanović, Prime Minister of Montenegro
On 6 October 2013, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with the Prime Minister of Montenegro, Mr. Milo Dukanović.
They were joined in the meeting, which took place at the residence of the head of the government in Podgorica, by Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations (DECR); Bishop Sergy of Solnechnogorsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Administrative Secretariat; Bishop Antony of Moravicí, representative of the Patriarch of Serbia to the Moscow Patriarchate; archpriest Nikolai Balashov, DECR deputy chairman; archpriest Igor Yakimchuk, DECR secretary for inter-Orthodox relations; deacon Alexander Volkov, head of press office of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia; Ambassador Alexei Nesterenko of the Russian Federation to Montenegro.
Discussed were relations of Montenegro with the countries of historical Rus’ and the history of relations between Russia and Montenegro very meaningful at present.
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill spoke about the life of the Russian Orthodox Church in the situation of political changes which resulted in the appearance of independent states in its territory.
The importance of peaceful and constructive development of life of the canonical Orthodox Church in Montenegro in general and for the relations between Russia and Montenegro was noted.
The participants underscored the importance of reviving full spiritual unity of the people of Montenegro and the necessity to overcome differences.
The Primate of the Russian Church highly appreciated the construction of the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ and noted that its completion testifies to the positive development of the spiritual life in Montenegro.
Prime Minister Dukanović noted respectful attitude of his government to the activities of the Metropolia of Montenegro and the Coastlands and of Metropolitan Amfilohije.
- 07.10.2013 20:17Serbian Orthodox Church gets archive materials about ecclesiastical life in Serbia in the period between two world wars
- 07.10.2013 10:45His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople
- 07.10.2013 01:06His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Mr. Milo Dukanović, Prime Minister of Montenegro
- 06.10.2013 22:04Primates of Local Orthodox Churches celebrate Divine liturgy in the birthtown of St Constantine the Great
- 05.10.2013 22:52His Holiness Patriarch Kirill takes part in the meeting of Primates and representatives of the Local Orthodox Church with the Serbian President Tomislav Nikolić
- 04.10.2013 21:49His Holiness Patriarch Kirill visits the Serbian Orthodox Church