Metropolitan Hilarion meets with President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
On 14 March 2011, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations (DECR), met with Kurt Cardinal Koch, President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
Discussed during the meeting, which took part at the DECR premises, was a wide range of issues of cooperation between the Russian Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church, including results and prospects of the work of the Joint International Commission for Theological Dialogue, as well as concrete measures for the settlement of conflict between the Orthodox and the Greek Catholics in Ukraine, the necessity of common witness in the face of challenges of secular society and opposition to xenophobia in Europe and other parts of the world.
Taking part in the meeting were Rev. Dimitry Sizonenko, DECR acting secretary for Inter-Christian Relations, and Rev. Milan Zust.
- 16.03.2011 22:01Patriarch Kirill meets with president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
- 16.03.2011 21:45(Russian) Кардинал Курт Кох почтил память новомучеников на полигоне в Бутово
- 16.03.2011 11:18President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity visits the Laura of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius
- 15.03.2011 11:57Kurt Cardinal Koch visits the Postgraduate School
- 15.03.2011 11:38Metropolitan Hilarion meets with President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
- 14.03.2011 11:52(Russian) Митрополит Иларион:каждый человек в своей жизни делает выбор между правдой и ложью, между добром и злом