In course of preparations for Pan-Orthodox Council, most of Russian Orthodox Church’s proposals approved
In the course of preparations for the Pan-Orthodox Council, including those made at the Synaxis of the Primates in January in Chambesy, most of the proposals made by the Russian Orthodox Church were approved, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia stated.
For instance, the Council will take place not in Istanbul but in Orthodox Greece, on Crete Island; the issue of calendar, on which there is no consent, will not be considered at all; concerning the issue of the diptychs, the long-stated idea of the Moscow Patriarchate that respect should be shown for the historically established peculiarities of Churches and each of them should have the right to use her own diptych (which is not always the practice, as His Holiness testified) is considered fair.
‘Finally, the Synaxis approved the decision we proposed long ago to get all the draft documents of the future Council published for the information of the episcopate, clergy, the religious and all the people of God’, Patriarch Kirill stressed, ‘this is what we have done immediately, as all the Council’s draft documents have already been published on the websites of the Moscow Patriarchate and the Department for External Church Relations. So, each can read them’.
His Holiness proposed that participants in the Bishops’ Council speak out on various aspects of the Russian Orthodox Church’s participation in the Pan-Orthodox Council planned to take place in summer 2016.
Information Service of the Bishops’ Council
DECR Communication Service
- 03.02.2016 12:50Bishops’ Council glorifies Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev)
- 02.02.2016 17:31Patriarch Kirill: At the present stage of drafting the catechesis, the priority is its church reception
- 02.02.2016 16:34His Holiness Patriarch Kirill emphasizes the necessity to establish effective system of distant learning at seminaries
- 02.02.2016 12:45In course of preparations for Pan-Orthodox Council, most of Russian Orthodox Church’s proposals approved
- 02.02.2016 12:41His Holiness Patriarch Kirill: Unilateral recognition of schism in Ukraine will have catastrophic consequences for the unity of the Orthodox Church
- 02.02.2016 12:38Patriarch Kirill: Any unilateral actions in granting autocephaly should be excluded
- 02.02.2016 12:36The issue of Orthodox Diaspora to be considered at the Pan-Orthodox Council
- 02.02.2016 12:25Patriarch Kirill: The Pan-Orthodox Council’s document on Sacrament of Marriage called to respond to challenges threatening institution of family in modern world
- 02.02.2016 12:20His Holiness Patriarch Kirill: “The Mission of the Orthodox Church in Today’s World” is, I believe, the key document on the agenda of the Pan-Orthodox Council
- 02.02.2016 12:15Patriarch Kirill: There was no question of any union of the Orthodox Church with the non-Orthodox
- 02.02.2016 12:10A draft document of Pan-Orthodox Council affirms for the first time on pan-Orthodox scale the obligatory character of Nativity, Apostles’ and Dormition fasts
- 02.02.2016 12:00Patriarch Kirill: We do not call the forthcoming Pan-Orthodox Council ecumenical
- 02.02.2016 11:45His Holiness Patriarch Kirill: An attempt to expel Christianity from the Middle East is a tragedy of historic scale that affects the whole world
- 02.02.2016 11:35Patriarch Kirill calls upon the plenitude of the Russian Church to continue praying for peace in Ukraine
- 02.02.2016 11:20Heads of states in Moscow Patriarchate’s canonical territory greet the Bishops’ Council
- 02.02.2016 11:10The Sacred Bishops’ Council of the Russian Orthodox Church opens in Moscow