1. There shall be an Inter-Council Presence for preparing decisions pertaining to major issues of the internal and external work of the Russian Orthodox Church.
2. The Inter-Council Presence shall have the tasks to make preliminary examination of the issues considered by a Local Council, to prepare draft decisions on these issues and, at the instruction of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia or the Holy Synod, to prepare the decisions of a Bishops’ Council and the Holy Synod.
3. The members of the Inter-Council Presence shall be elected by the Holy Synod from among the bishops, clergy, monastics and laity of the Russian Orthodox Church.
4. The membership of the Inter-Council Presence shall be reviewed on the proposal of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia every four years. If need be, the Holy Synod acting at the proposal of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia shall make the decision to replace a member of the Inter-Council Presence.
5. The permanent members of the Holy Synod and members of the Supreme Church Council shall be members of the Inter-Council Presence ex officio. In the event of leaving their posts, they shall continue to participate in the work of the Inter-Council Presence if the Holy Synod does not decide otherwise.
6. The decision to include an item on the agenda of the Inter-Council Presence shall be made by a Local or Bishops’ Council, the Holy Synod or the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia.
7. The Inter-Council Presence shall carry out its work in accordance with the procedure defined by the Provision for the Inter-Council Presence subject to approval by the Holy Synod.