- Patriarch Kirill congratulates the Primate of the Serbian Orthodox Church on Slava, the day of his family’s patron saint
12.04.2014 15:40 ·
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill has sent to Patriarch Irinej of Serbia the following message of greetings on the occasion of Slava, the day of his family’s patron saint.
- DECR chairman sends Patriarch Irinej of Serbia message of greetings on the occasion of Slava, the day of his family’s patron saint
12.04.2014 15:39 ·
In his message to the Primate of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations, greets him on the occasion of Slava.
- DECR chairman receives new representative of the Orthodox Church of the Czech Lands and Slovakia
12.04.2014 14:52 ·
On April 10, 2014, a meeting took place between Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations, and the newly appointed rector of the Moscow representation of the Orthodox Church of the Czech Lands and Slovakia, Archimandrite Seraphim Shemyatovsky, who has come to serve in Moscow from Czechia.
- DECR chairman’s condolences over the death of Metropolitan Ioann of Zagreb and Ljubljana, Serbian Church
05.04.2014 16:43 ·
Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, in the following letter to His Holiness Patriarch Irinej of Serbia, expressed condolences over the demise of Metropolitan Ioann of Zagreb and Ljubljana
- Primates of the Serbian and Polish Orthodox Churches respond to the election of Locum Tenens of the Kievan Metropolitan See
03.04.2014 14:15 ·
The Primates of the Serbian and Polish Orthodox Churches have sent messages to His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia responding to the election of Metropolitan Onufry of Chernovtsy and Bukovina as Locum Tenens of the Kievan Metropolitan See due to the illness of His Beatitude Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev and All Ukraine.
- His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Antioch receives delegation from Russia
02.04.2014 00:43 ·
On 31 March 2014, His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Antioch and All the East received in his residence in Balamand, Lebanon, a delegation of the Imperial Orthodox Palestine Society (IOPS), led by its chairman Mr. Sergei Stepashin, the website of the Representation of the Russian Orthodox Church in Beirut reports.
- Representatives of Local Orthodox Churches congratulate Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk on the fifth anniversary of his appointment as DECR chairman
30.03.2014 23:04 ·
Metropolitan Hilarion thanked all the worshippers for their prayers and support.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Syrian Ambassador to Russia
25.03.2014 23:46 ·
On 25th March 2014, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with Dr. Riad Haddad, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Syrian Arab Republic to the Russian Federation.
- Patriarch Kirill’s condolences over the death of Metropolitan Philip of New York and North America, hierarch of Orthodox Church of Antioch
21.03.2014 18:20 ·
The services rendered by the late archpastor in the cause of preaching the good news of Christ and his fruitful ministry aimed to assert Orthodoxy in North America are difficult to overestimate.
- DECR chairman expresses condolences over demise of Metropolitan Philip of New York and North America
21.03.2014 18:20 ·
The news about his death was taken with grief not only by the flock of the Holy Church of Antioch, but also the whole world Orthodoxy since Metropolitan Philip enjoyed universal respect and authority.
- Talks on cooperation between the Russian Orthodox Church and the Neapolis University take place in Cyprus
18.03.2014 14:18 ·
Representatives of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Student Exchange Commission visited Cyprus on 15-17 March 2014 with the blessing of Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk and at the invitation of the Neapolis University in Pafos and Metropolitan Isaiah of Tamasos and Orinis.
- “In preparation since 1961”
17.03.2014 17:10 ·
As the preparations for the Pan-Orthodox Council planned to take place in 2016 in Istanbul have been intensified, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, DECR chairman, explains to the readers of Ogoniok, a socio-political weekly, why a meeting of all the Orthodox Churches is needed.
- Bishop of the Serbian Orthodox Church visits Kemerovo
17.03.2014 16:31 ·
Bishop Jovan of Lipljan, a vicar of His Holiness Patriarch of Serbia, accompanied a Serbian team to the 14th FAI World Para-Ski Championship held in Kuzbass on 11-16 March 2014. He was invited by the Para-Ski Federation of the Kemerovo region and Metropolitan Aristarkh of Kemerovo and Prokopievsk with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia. At the opening ceremony, Bishop Jovan made a parachute jump.
- Patriarch Kirill leads the 14th ceremony of awarding prizes of Unity of Orthodox Nations International Foundation
12.03.2014 04:02 ·
On March 11, 2014, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia led the 14th annual ceremony of awarding the Patriarch Alexy II Prize of the Unity of Orthodox Nations International Public Foundation granted for “outstanding work to consolidate the unity of Orthodox nations and to promote Christian values in the life of society”.
- Patriarch Kirill meets with President of the Republika Srpska
12.03.2014 02:04 ·
On March 11, 2014, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with Mr. Milorad Dodik, President of the Republika Srpska (Bosnia and Herzegovina) at the patriarchal chambers of the Church of Christ the Saviour.
- Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church completes his visit to Istanbul
09.03.2014 20:56 ·
On 9 March 2014, the Synaxis of the Primates and representatives of the Local Orthodox Churches, which began on March 6, completed its work, and His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia departed for Moscow.
- Primates of Local Orthodox Churches celebrate Liturgy at the Cathedral of St George in Phanar on the Sunday of Orthodoxy
09.03.2014 17:12 ·
On 9 March 2014, the first Sunday of Lent, the Feast of the Triumph of Orthodoxy, the Primates of the Local Orthodox Churches, who gathered in Istanbul to settle some issues concerning the Pan-Orthodox Council, celebrated the Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral of St George in Phanar – the residence of the Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Message of the Primates of the Orthodox Churches (Phanar, March 6-9, 2014)
09.03.2014 17:09 ·
On March 9, the first Sunday of Great Lent, the Feast of the Triumph of Orthodoxy, the message of the participants in the meeting of Primates and representatives of the Orthodox Churches was read out during the divine service at the Cathedral of the Holy Great Martyr George the Victory-Bearer in Phanar.
- Primates of the Local Orthodox Churches stress the necessity of the immediate restoration of peace in Syria
09.03.2014 16:11 ·
The Primates and representatives of the Local Orthodox Churches who gathered at the Phanar (Istanbul) to discuss the preparation to the Pan-Orthodox Council, addressed a message to Orthodox Christians, representatives of other confessions and all people of good will, expressing their support for the martyrdom admiration for the witness of Christians in the Middle East, Africa and other parts of the world.
- Meeting of Primates of Orthodox Churches starts in Istanbul
07.03.2014 14:07 ·
On March 6, 2014, Primates and representatives of Local Orthodox Churches met for their first day at the Cathedral of St. George at Fanar, the residence of the Patriarch of Constantinople in Istanbul.