Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russian Ambassador to the USA
On 22 October 2019, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations (DECR), currently on a working visit to the USA, visited the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Washington, where he met with H.E. Anatoly Antonov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the United States of America.
During their talk, the DECR chairman told Ambassador Antonov of his participation in the celebration of the 125th anniversary of the ministry of St. Raphael of Brooklyn and the 100th anniversary of the Brooklyn Cathedral of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America.
Ambassador Antonov told Metropolitan Hilarion about support rendered by the Embassy to the compatriots and preservation of the monuments of the Russian cultural heritage in the USA, including the Fort Ross in the south of California, the of St. Nicholas Cathedral in San Francisco and the St. Andrew’s Cathedral in Philadelphia with adjacent museum.
Other topics of mutual interest were discussed. Memorable gifts were exchanged at the end of the meeting.
- 26.10.2019 20:33DECR chairman completes his trip to the USA
- 26.10.2019 12:58Metropolitan Hilarion visits New York Synodal Residence of the Russian Church Outside Russia
- 26.10.2019 11:11Metropolitan Hilarion meets with President of the Appeal of Conscience foundation Rabbi Arthur Schneier
- 25.10.2019 04:37Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon, Primate of the Orthodox Church in America
- 24.10.2019 08:05Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with heads of Archdioceses of Constantinople and Antioch in North America
- 23.10.2019 17:29Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russian Ambassador to the USA
- 22.10.2019 10:22Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Russia’s Permanent Representative to the UN
- 22.10.2019 07:57Metropolitan Hilarion visits St. Vladimir’s Seminary in New York
- 21.10.2019 09:30Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk takes part in celebrations marking the 125th anniversary of the ministry of St. Raphael of Brooklyn in America