Patriarch Kirill chairs a regular session of Supreme Church Council
On April 17, 2019, His Holiness Kirill, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, presided over a regular session of the Supreme Church Council of the Russian Orthodox Church, which took place at the Supreme Church Council Hall of the Cathedral Church of Christ the Saviour in Moscow.
The Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church addressed the meeting with remarks on the Church’s use of architectural monuments and preservation of the cultural heritage.
After that His Holiness presented other items on the agenda of the session.
The membership of the Supreme Church Council chaired by His Holiness Patriarch Kirill is as follows:
- Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate;
- Metropolitan Savva of Tver and Kashin, chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate;
- Metropolitan Clement of Kaluga and Borovsk; chairman of the ROC Publishing Council;
- Metropolitan Arseniy of Istra, first vicar of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia for Moscow;
- Metropolitan Ioann of Belgorod and Stariy Oskol, head of the Synod Mission Department;
- Metropolitan Merkuriy of Rostov and Novocherkassk, head of the Synodal Department for Religious Education and Catechism;
- Metropolitan Sergiy of Singapore and South-East Asia, head of the Moscow Patriarchate administrative Secretariat;
- Metropolitan Kirill of Stavropol and Nevinnomyssk, chairman of the Synodal Committee for Cooperation with the Cossacks;
- Metropolitan Ignaty of Vologda and Kirillov, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Finance and Economic Administration;
- Metropolitan Mitrofan, chairman of the Commission for Physical Culture and Sports;
- Metropolitan Tikhon of Pskov and Porkhov, chairman of the Patriarchal Council for Culture;
- Archbishop Yevgeniy of Vereya, chairman of the Education Committee under the Holy Synod;
- Archbishop Feognost of Kashira, head of the Synodal Department for Monasteries and Monkhood;
- Archbishop Antoniy, head of the Moscow Patriarchate office for institutions abroad;
- Bishop Irinarkh of Krasnogorsk, head of the Synodal Department for Service in Prisons;
- Bishop Panteleimon of Orekhovo-Zuevo, head of the Synodal Department for Church Charity and Social Service;
- Archimandrite Sergiy Privalov, head of the Synodal Department for Cooperation with the Armed Forces and Law-Enforcement;
- Archpriest Maxim Kozlov, chairman of the ROC Education Committee;
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov, chairman of the Patriarchal commission for the family, motherhood and childhood;
- Archpriest Kirill Sladkov, acting chairman of the Synodal Department for Youth;
- R. Legoida, head of the Synodal Department for the Church’s Relations with Society and Mass Media.
Those invited to the session were Archpriest Leonid Kalinin, chairman of the Experts Council for Church Art, Architecture and Restoration; Rev. Alexander Starodubtsev, the ROC Education Committee expert in online education technologies; D. Shvidkovsky, rector of the Moscow Architecture Institute, and A. Kapustin, head of the Classical and Traditional Architectural Design and Research Center.
Patriarchal Press Service
DECR Communication Service