His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem expresses support to Ukrainian Orthodox Church
His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos III of the Holy City of Jerusalem and All Palestine sent a letter to His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia concerning the situation of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
Earlier His Holiness Patriarch Kirill informed the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem of the attempts of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to adopt the bills Nos. 4128 and 4511 that imply the discriminatory measures against the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
In his message, His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos III notes that the Ukrainian Church has found itself in the deplorable situation due to the church division which has provoked disorders and fratricide, conflicts and troubles for the Orthodox flock. On behalf of the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre and on his behalf His Beatitude expresses to His Holiness Patriarch Kirill sincere support and calls upon all the responsible and authoritative persons to make every effort to prevent such actions in future.
DECR Communication Service
- 26.07.2017 19:52Meeting of the Synod of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- 20.06.2017 17:49His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem expresses support to Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- 06.06.2017 22:40Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem condemns actions aimed against canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- 30.05.2017 12:29The meeting of the Synod of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- 26.05.2017 22:00Patriarch Irenaeus of Serbia describes amendments proposed to Ukrainian law as discriminatory towards the faithful of the canonical Church
- 24.05.2017 07:52Primate of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria underscores the anti-church nature of bills Nos 4128 and 4511 to be considered by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- 23.05.2017 12:02His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Antioch condemns attempts to adopt at Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada the bills directed against the Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- 19.05.2017 23:07Patriarchal Exarch of All Belarus emphasizes anti-church nature of bills Nos. 4128 and 4511 that were to be considered by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- 19.05.2017 22:36Holy See expresses solidarity with Ukrainian Orthodox Church over the attempts to adopt anti-church laws in Ukraine
- 18.05.2017 17:45Primate of the Orthodox Church of the Czech Lands and Slovakia hopes anti-church bills will be withdrawn from Supreme Rada agenda
- 18.05.2017 16:40His Beatitude Metropolitan Onufry of Kiev and All Ukraine urges deputies of Verkhovna Rada to prevent the adoption of anti-church bills
- 17.05.2017 23:23Metropolitan Hilarion’s comments on Ukrainian Supreme Rada’s forthcoming consideration of anti-church bills
- 17.05.2017 20:46General Secretary of the World Council of Churches Olav Fykse Tveit sends letters to President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and Chair of the Ukrainian Supreme Council Andrii Parubii
- 16.05.2017 21:12His Holiness Patriarch Kirill sends letters to heads of Normandy Four states, Primates of Local Orthodox Churches, Pope Francis, UN Secretary-General and WCC General Secretary concerning anti-church bills due to be adopted by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- 16.05.2017 14:59Ukrainian hierarchs and religious leaders comment on anti-church bills to be considered by Supreme Rada
- 16.05.2017 11:35Discriminatory laws prepared against the Ukrainian Orthodox Church – a report at the World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians