DECR chairman meets with the head of the Anglican Church in North America
On 13 May 2017, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations (DECR), currently on a visit to the USA with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, met with Archbishop Foley Beach, primate of the Anglican Church in North America, who has arrived to Washington to take part in the World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians. Attending the meeting were Bishop Kevin Bond Allen of the Diocese of Cascadia; Bishop John of Naro-Fominsk, administrator of the Patriarchal parishes in the USA; Archimandrite Philaret (Bulekov) DECR vice-chairman; and Mr. Philip Champion, a staff member of the DECR Secretariat for Inter-Christian Relations.
Discussed was the key topic of the Summit – the tragedy of Christians, as well as certain issues pertaining to the recent processes in the Anglican Communion and prospects of the Anglican-Orthodox dialogue. Archbishop Beach confirmed the firm commitment of the Anglican Church in North America to moral standard of the Gospel.
The Anglican Church in North America was founded in 2009. It is organized in thirty-two dioceses and encompasses over one thousand congregations.
In 2006 Metropolitan Kirill of Smolensk and Kaliningrad, chairman of the DECR (now Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia) sent a letter of support to Bishop Duncan of Pittsburgh, head of the Anglican Church in North America, and the like-minded bishops, acclaiming their aspiration to remain faithful to Christian moral principles.
In 2015 His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia received a delegation of the Anglican Church in North America at his working residence in St. Daniel’s Monastery.
- 15.05.2017 19:05DECR chairman visits Russian embassy in the USA
- 15.05.2017 18:31DECR chairman concelebrates Divine Liturgy with His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon at St. Nicholas Cathedral in Washington
- 15.05.2017 17:34Metropolitan Hilarion presides over All-Night Vigil in the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia’s Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Washington
- 14.05.2017 16:47Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon of All America and Canada
- 14.05.2017 10:31World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians completes its work
- 13.05.2017 20:26DECR chairman meets with the head of the Anglican Church in North America
- 13.05.2017 14:04Joint Statement from Franklin Graham and Metropolitan Hilarion
- 12.05.2017 09:57Presentation by the DECR chairman Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk at the World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians
- 12.05.2017 01:33Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk spoke at World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians
- 11.05.2017 23:16Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with Vice President of the United States Michael R. Pence
- 11.05.2017 22:49World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians begins its work in Washington