Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Baroness Anelay
On 18 October 2016, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, met with Baroness Joyce Anelay, Minister of State for the Commonwealth and the UN at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
They were joined at the meeting by H.E. Mr. Laurie Bristow, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Great Britain to the Russian Federation.
The participants discussed various issues of international cooperation, including the situation in Syria and the Middle East. Metropolitan Hilarion draw Baroness Anelay’s attention to the tragic situation of Christians in the region, many of whom, seeking security, are being forced to leave their native land. The DECR chairman noted that the world community was responsible for preserving the Christian presence in the Middle East.
DECR Communication Service
- 19.10.2016 11:51His Holiness Patriarch Kirill completes his visit to Great Britain
- 19.10.2016 02:00In conclusion of his visit Primate of Russian Orthodox Church answered questions from Russian and foreign mass media reporters
- 18.10.2016 21:01Patriarch Kirill’s discussion with Archbishop Justin Welby of Canterbury
- 18.10.2016 17:01Patriarch Kirill meets with Queen Elizabeth II in London
- 18.10.2016 13:28Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Baroness Anelay
- 17.10.2016 17:58His Holiness Patriarch Kirill celebrates litiya at the grave of Metropolitan Anthony (Bloom)
- 17.10.2016 16:03Patriarch Kirill meets with Patriarch Irenaeus of Serbia in London
- 17.10.2016 00:34Patriarch Kirill attends reception in honour of 300th anniversary of Russian Orthodoxy in Great Britain and Ireland
- 16.10.2016 23:07Patriarch Kirill’s address after the liturgy at the diocese of Sourozh’s newly consecrated Cathedral of the Dormition
- 16.10.2016 22:35Patriarch Kirill visits Royal Geographical Society
- 16.10.2016 01:36His Holiness Patriarch Kirill celebrates divine service in London at the Dormition Cathedral of the Russian Church Abroad
- 15.10.2016 21:46Patriarch Kirill prays in the building in London rented from 1813 to 1921 to serve as a Russian church
- 15.10.2016 16:42Patriarch Kirill begins his pastoral visit to Great Britain