Patriarch Kirill arrives in Moscow after his visit to Latin America
On February 22, 2016, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia arrived in Moscow after his official visit to Latin America.
Addressing the numerous bishops and priests who met him, Patriarch Kirill said:
‘Dear brothers, thank you very much for your prayers. You have accompanied me with your prayers and warm sympathy for my mission. Now it has been safely accomplished. All that we planned has been done.
‘The journey was not at all easy as we spent 56,6 hours in the air. It is two and a half days. Nevertheless, we were fortified by the Lord and certainly by the support of our Orthodox faithful with whom we prayed and who gave a very warm welcome to the Patriarch throughout the itinerary.
‘May God give us all the ability to continue working, strengthening God’s task, improving our church life and helping all people. And you feel it especially strongly when you are far away from your homeland. What a happiness it is to be an Orthodox man. May the Lord preserve all of you’.
In the period from February 11 to 21, the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church visited Cuba, Paraguay and Brazil. During his trip, Patriarch Kirill visited the Russian Bellingshausen Station at Waterloo Island in Antarctica. On February 12, the first ever meeting between the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russian and the Pope of Rome took place and Havana’s airport in Cuba.
Patriarchal Press Service
DECR Communication Service
- 24.02.2016 18:29Press conference on the results of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill’s visit to the countries of Latin America takes place in Moscow
- 22.02.2016 17:19Patriarch Kirill arrives in Moscow after his visit to Latin America
- 22.02.2016 09:59Interview with His Holiness Patriarch Kirill on the results of his visit to the countries of Latin America
- 22.02.2016 05:33On the last day of his visit to Latin America, the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church celebrates Liturgy at the Cathedral of Ss Peter and Paul in Sao Paulo
- 21.02.2016 02:33Patriarch Kirill prays for persecuted Christians at the Statue of Christ the Redeemer and visits the church of St Zinaida the Martyr in Rio de Janeiro
- 20.02.2016 08:36Patriarch Kirill meets with President Dilma Rousseff of Brazil and visits Orthodox church in the capital city
- 19.02.2016 17:01Patriarch Kirill flies out to the capital city of Brazil
- 18.02.2016 14:19Metropolitan Hilarion: Orthodox and Catholics must learn to act as brothers and not as competitors
- 17.02.2016 02:53His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with the President of Paraguay
- 16.02.2016 03:52Patriarch Kirill honors memory of Russian volunteers who fell in Chaco War and meets with compatriots in Asuncion
- 15.02.2016 22:50Primate of Russian Church celebrates Liturgy at the Church of Protecting Veil of the Mother of God in Asuncion
- 15.02.2016 07:46Patriarch Kirill arrives in Paraguay’s capital city
- 14.02.2016 23:07Primate of Russian Orthodox Church celebrates Liturgy at the Church of Kazan Icon of the Mother of God in Havana
- 14.02.2016 14:00Patriarch Kirill awarded the Cuban state Order of José Marti
- 14.02.2016 06:21In Havana His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Fidel Castro
- 13.02.2016 23:09Patriarch Kirill visits children’s rehabilitation center in Havana suburb
- 13.02.2016 04:07Patriarch Kirill visits Jose Marti Memorial and meets with Chairman of Cuban State Council
- 13.02.2016 02:06Meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis concluded
- 13.02.2016 00:46Joint Declaration of Pope Francis and Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia
- 12.02.2016 03:42His Holiness Patriarch Kirill arrives in Cuba
- 11.02.2016 10:39Patriarch Kirill leaves for Cuba
- 05.02.2016 14:21Press conference at DECR on Patriarch Kirill’s forthcoming visit to Latin America