DECR chairman meets with László Kövér, speaker of the Hungarian Parliament
On 16th December 2013, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, met with Mr. László Kövér, speaker of the National Assembly (Parliament) of Hungary.
He warmly greeted Metropolitan Hilarion, thanked him for his work as administrator of the Russian Orthodox Church’s Diocese of Budapest and Hungary and congratulated him on the award, the Commander’s Cross of the Order of Merit of Hungary.
He underscored that comprehensive development of relations with Russia was important to his country and added that the people of Russia and Hungary had always enjoyed mutual trust.
The DECR chairman thanked László Kövér for the meeting and said that the new Constitution adopted by the Hungarian Parliament gave a worthy example to the entire Europe as it underscores Christian roots of the country. He hopes that Hungary will continue its adherence to the course of defending traditional moral values.
- 17.12.2013 14:51Metropolitan Hilarion completes his working visit to Hungary
- 17.12.2013 12:30DECR chairman meets with László Kövér, speaker of the Hungarian Parliament
- 16.12.2013 23:25DECR chairman meets with Prime Minister of Hungary
- 16.12.2013 23:14Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk is honoured with the State Order of Hungary
- 16.12.2013 01:29Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk celebrates at the Cathedral of the Dormition in Budapest
- 15.12.2013 13:54Metropolitan Hilarion begins his working visit to Hungary
- 14.12.2013 09:58Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Cardinal Christoph Schönborn and Metropolitan Arsenius of Austria