Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk celebrates at the Russian parish in Beirut
On 9 December 2012, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, Chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, celebrated the Divine Liturgy at the Church of St. John the Baptist in Mar Elias district, Beirut, where the Russian-speaking Orthodox Christians residing in Lebanon receive spiritual care.
Prayers for the rest of the deceased Primate of the Orthodox Church of Antioch were offered during the Liturgy.
Concelebrating with Metropolitan Hilarion were ordained members of the Russian Orthodox Church delegation who arrived in Beirut to take part in funeral ceremonies and archpriest Anatoly Yegorov, rector of the Russian parish in Beirut.
Ambassador of Russia to Lebanon, Alexander Zasypkin, and many worshippers attended the service.
Metropolitan Hilarion conveyed the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill to the worshippers and addressed them with his archpastoral homily. In conclusion he called them to pray to the Lord for granting us strength for bearing cross in our life and wished them God’s help, spiritual and physical strength and steadfast faith. He underscored: ‘If you have faith, you will be afraid of nothing.’
- 12.12.2012 11:56Requiem service for the late Patriarch Ignatius IV of Antioch in the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour
- 12.12.2012 11:53His Beatitude Patriarch Ignatius of Antioch is buried
- 10.12.2012 02:28Delegation of Russian Orthodox Church takes part in funeral service for the Patriarch of Antioch
- 09.12.2012 23:04Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk celebrates at the Russian parish in Beirut
- 09.12.2012 02:45Metropolitan Hilarion offers up prayers for the repose of Patriarch Ignatius
- 06.12.2012 00:21His Beatitude Ignatius, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, passed away in the Lord
- 05.12.2012 23:29His Holiness Patriarch Kirill expresses condolences over demise of Patriarch of Antiochian Orthodox Church
- 05.12.2012 23:27Metropolitan Hilarion’s message of condolences over the death of Patriarch Ignatius of Great Antioch and All the East