Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Pope Benedict XVI
On September 29, 2011, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, DECR chairman, met with Pope Benedict XVI at the pontifical summer residence in Castel Gandolfo.
They discussed a wide range of issues concerning the bilateral relations between the Roman Catholic Church and the Moscow Patriarchate.
After their tete-a-tete talk, Metropolitan Hilarion presented to Pope Benedict his retinue including Archpriest Dimitry Sizonenko, DECR secretary for inter-Christian relations, Fr. Antony (Sevryuk), rector of the Parish of St. Catherine in Rome, Archpriest Igor Vyzhanov, a cleric of St. Catherine’s, Fr. Ioann (Kopeikin), assistant to the DECR chairman, Mr. V. Yakunin and Mr. S. Plastilin, Orthodox sponsors, and Mr. L. Sevastyanov, executive secretary of the St. Gregory the Theologian Charity.
Metropolitan Hilarion presented the Pope of Rome with an icon of St. Benedict of Nursia and an album on frescoes by St. Andrew Rublev.
DECR Communication Service
- 01.10.2011 13:08DECR chairman and Russian First Lady attend concert of religious music in Milan
- 30.09.2011 21:19DECR chairman meets with the Archbishop of Milan
- 30.09.2011 19:52DECR Chairman meets with Vatican’s Secretary of State
- 29.09.2011 23:15DECR chairman meets with president of Pontifical Council for Culture
- 29.09.2011 18:55Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Pope Benedict XVI
- 28.09.2011 23:30Metropolitan Hilarion visits Community of St. Egidio
- 28.09.2011 22:47Metropolitan Hilarion’s working meeting with president of Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
- 28.09.2011 22:26Metropolitan Hilarion celebrates Divine Liturgy at Catacombs of St. Priscilla in Rome
- 28.09.2011 02:27Metropolitan Hilarion begins a working visit to Italy