Metropolitan Hilarion concludes his visit to Paraguay
The visit was made on the invitation of the Paraguayan Government and with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and was timed to coincide with the celebrations devoted to the 200th anniversary of the independence of that Latin American republic.
During his visit, the DECR chairman met with President Fernando Lugo and Vice-President Federico Franco, delivered a lecture at the Catholic University of Paraguay and visited the Catholic Archdiocese of Asuncion.
On Sunday, July 3, Metropolitan Hilarion, assisted by Metropolitan Platon of Argentina and South America, celebrated the Divine Liturgy in the capital of Paraguay. He also visited the Russian cemetery in Asuncion, the church of the Assumption of the Russian Church Outside Russia, and met with Russian expatriates living in Paraguay.
During his last day in Paraguay, Metropolitan Hilarion and his party visited the Embassy of the Russian Federation, where Russian Charge d’ Affairs S. Reschikov gave a dinner in honour of the high guest.
DECR Communication Service
- 05.07.2011 09:59Metropolitan Hilarion concludes his visit to Paraguay
- 04.07.2011 17:12Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk celebrates Divine Liturgy in Paraguayan capital
- 04.07.2011 15:56DECR chairman meets with Russian expatriates at the Russian Church Outside Russia’s church of the Assumption in Asuncion
- 04.07.2011 11:00DECR chairman visits the Paraguayan Catholic University
- 02.07.2011 11:33Metropolitan Hilarion prays for repose of Russian compatriots in Paraguay
- 02.07.2011 09:51Metropolitan Hilarion meets with President of Paraguay
- 02.07.2011 09:42DECR chairman meets with Paraguay’s vice-president
- 01.07.2011 10:54Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk begins his visit to Paraguay